This week, we’ve spent some time exploring painting and sculpture as artistic forms. To help you explore what we’ve learned about, your Unit 2 assignment will consist of writing an essay addressing using the following criteria:
• 1,000 words or roughly four double-spaced pages.
• Make use of at least three scholarly sources to support and develop your ideas. Our course text may serve as one of these three sources.
• Your essay should demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections.
• Be sure to cite your sources using proper APA format (7th edition). For help with APA, visit the Bethel Library website to explore a plethora of APA-related tutorials, help videos and resources.
• Spend some time with the five Impressionist paintings in the “Comparison of Five Impressionist Paintings” section in Chapter 4.
• Next, answer the following questions:
o If you were to purchase one of these five paintings based on which you find most attractive or engaging, which would you choose and why?
o How does your chosen painting make use of color and line?
o How does your chosen painting make use of symmetry or asymmetry? What is the effect of this technique?
o What other ‘impressionistic’ qualities of painting do you observe in your chosen painting?