What steps should managers and HR professionals take to effectively recruit and select the best candidate for a position? For this Application Assignment, you will review information for a particular job opening and develop a valid and reliable recruitment and selection plan.
To prepare for this assignment, click here for theOrganization and Job Descriptionto read about the mission and values of the organization, as well as details of the position.
Then, develop an outline for your Application Assignment that includes that following sections:
Section 1: Job Analysis
Complete a job requirements matrix to identify the job duties, specific tasks, and KSAOs (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other requirements) for this position. Then, select the five KSAOs that are most important for this position.
Click here for theJob Requirements Matrix.
Section 2: Recruitment Strategy
Evaluate various methods and sources for recruiting. As you do so, consider the following:
- What are the relevant labor markets?
- What are the pros and cons of internal versus external recruitment?
- How andwhen might it be appropriate to use technology to recruit for this position?
- Should professional recruiters be utilized? Why or why not?
- How might staff members in the organization help facilitate recruitment?
Section 3: Selection Tools
What criteria should be considered when hiring for this position? How would you determine if a candidate meets those criteria?
Refer to your job analysis and develop selection tools to assess the qualifications of job applicants. These tools may include tests, interview questions, simulations, use of references, as well as any other means of assessment that meet legal guidelines, and they should be aligned with the most important KSAOs that you have identified. For each of these tools, consider how applicants will be scored.
Note: As part of this assignment, you will need to develop at least two or three structured interview questions. Include these interview questions in your written Application Assignment, indicate which KSAOs they are intended to measure, and explain how you would score responses to the questions.
Section 4: Evaluation Plan
How will you evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of your recruitment efforts after they have been completed? What metrics would you recommend be used to determine the Return on Investment?
Write a 5- to 6-page paper that includes the following:
- A job analysis, including a copy of the job requirements matrix and an indication of the five most important KSAOs
- Recruitment strategies, including a rationale for the use of two or more sources or methods of recruitment
- Two or more selection tools, with an explanation of how each tool is aligned with one or more KSAOs and how responses would be evaluated. Be sure to include the interview questions you have developed for the Video Application.
- An evaluation plan that includes the use of metrics to assess recruitment efforts
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to theEssential Guide to APA Style for Walden Studentsto ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.