Politics and Government
A community assessment begins with a basic windshield survey where each community subsystem is explored. Explore the political influences on determinants of health
Click on the Enter Sentinel City® and continue your virtual experience by taking a bus tour of Sentinel City®. Since this is your second tour, feel free to choose any bus speed and/or get off the bus at any time to walk around. As you take the tour, write down your observations, specifically focused on the subsystem: politics and government. Meet with Mayor Hill to discuss the subsystem: politics and government. Compile your observations and any demographic information addressing each item listed in the first column of the rubric. We encourage you to add other relevant characteristics you observe that may not be listed in the first column as you complete this activity.
Reading and Resources
Harkness & DeMarco (2016) Read Chapter 14 & 15
Review Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2013). National Notifiable Infectious Conditions.
Review the VoiceThread Tutorial (PDF included in this module) to help you with the VoiceThread activity
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
- 1 to 2-page paper. Include title and reference pages.