Read the case here. (ATTACHED)
Conduct an evidence-based literature search to identify the most recent standards of care/treatment modalities from peer-reviewed articles and professional association guidelines (www.guideline.gov). These articles and guidelines can be referenced, but not directly copied into the clinical case presentation. Cite a minimum of three resources.
Answer the following questions:
- What is the transmission and pathophysiology of TB?
- What are the clinical manifestations?
- After considering this scenario, what are the primary identified medical concerns for this patient?
- What are the primary psychosocial concerns?
- What are the implications of the treatment regimen, as far as likelihood of compliance and outcomes? Search the Internet to research rates of patient compliance in treatment of TB, as well as drug resistant TB.
- Identify the role of the community clinic in assisting patients, particularly undocumented patients, in covering the cost of TB treatment. What resources exist for TB treatment in community health centers around the United States? Compare the cost for treatment between, subsidized as it would be for a community health center, and unsubsidized.
- What are the implications of TB for critical care and advanced practice nurses?
The use of medical terminology and appropriate graduate level writing is expected.
Your paper should be 4–5 pages, (excluding cover page and reference page).
Your resources must include research articles as well as reference to non-research evidence-based guidelines.
Use APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Your source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources. Cite a minimum of three resources.
PLEASE FOLLOW UP WITH PROFESSOR FEEDBACK BELOW
Missing purpose statement. The purpose statement is always the last sentence of the introduction paragraph. You are missing the below major content: How does the information in this case inform the practice of a master’s prepared nurse? How should the master’s prepared nurse use this information to design a patient education session for someone with this condition?