Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected, Part 1
Due Week 3 and worth 150 points
Refer to the Scenario for Assignments 1, 2, 3, and 4.Write a three to four (3-4) page paper, titled “Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected, Part 1”
- Provide background information about the agency’s key historical events, mission, and goals / objectives. (Title this section “Introduction”)
- Describe at least three (3) functions of this agency, highlighting the public it serves. (Title this section “Agency Functions”)
- Analyze at least two (2) current events involving the agency that might have implications to personnel management. (Title this section “Agency News”)
- Explain the rationale for selecting this agency with at least two (2) justifiable reasons. (Title this section “Rationale for Selecting Agency”)
- Appropriately incorporate at least four (4) quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Visit the Strayer University Library at http://research.strayer.edu to conduct research.
You may want to consider these government websites:
- U.S. Government website located at www.usa.gov
- Office of Personnel Management website located at www.opm.gov
- FedWorld website located at http://www.fedworld.gov/
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. When referencing Websites, make sure you follow APA formatting within the text and on the Reference Page.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze key historical, legislative, and ethical dimensions of public personnel management
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.