Week 1 Quiz
1. Effective HRM focuses on _________ rather than record keeping, written
procedure, or rules.
2. All of the following are key concepts that should be applied by HRM
Analyzing and solving problems from a profit-oriented point of view
Assessing costs or benefits of recruitment and training
Using planning models that include realistic, challenging, specific, and meaningful goals
Emphasizing the strategic importance of expendable employees.
3. To improve performance, people must see _______ in the rewards that
4. The letters in ARDM stand for:
Acquiring, rewarding, directing, maintaining
Acquiring, routing, directing, monitoring
Acquiring, rewarding, developing, maintaining and protecting
None of the above
5. Before productivity can be effectively managed and improved, it must
6. EEO has implications for all of the following except:
7. Title VII prohibits discrimination by all of the following, except:
Private employers with 15 or more employees
Private membership clubs
8. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 covers the
actions of private employers with _______ or more employees.
9. Which of the following was identified as a problem by the highest
percentage of international corporations?
Finding suitable candidates
10. When an organization begins to operate as a global rather than a
multinational corporation, the use of expatriate managers will
remain the same