To participate in the following discussions, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation.
- Skeletal and Muscular System
Our body is very unique, in that it encompasses various systems and each system has its own essential jobs. Simply put, the proper functioning of the human body’s systems is essential for our daily survival. After you have watched the skeletal and muscular systems video above and studied the weekly reading materials, please address the elements below:
- Analyze the major functions of the skeletal and muscular systems.
- Visit the Ashford University Library and identify one research study that relates to either the skeletal or muscular system. Using your own words, summarize the main findings in this study. This should include at a minimum, the overview and purpose of the study, the method(s) used, findings, strengths/weaknesses of the study, and the value to the field.
- Assess the relevance of the researched information and relate it to an experience in your own life or to your professional or academic career.
Include atleast two scholarly sources to support your research and findings (one should be your course text and the other source will be your selected research study). All sources must be referenced and cited according to APA style as outlined in the. Your initial post must be at least 300 words.
- Films for the Humanities and Sciences. (Producer). (2009). The Skeletal and Muscular Systems [Video File]. Retrieved from the Films On Demand Database.
- Lippert, L . (2011). Clinical kinesiology and anatomy (5th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis Company.
- Chapter 2: Skeletal System
Chapter 5: Muscular System