Use your chosen country and reference the shoe manufacturing firm introduced in the discussions in a 4–6 page paper that provides an economic, political, demographic, and industrial overview of the country.
- Describe the political and financial background of your country, including relevant historical events.
- What kind of government does it have?
- What is the political stability?
- Is it open for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)?
- Has the currency been relatively stable?
- Analyze the general demographics.
- What are the ethnic groups, the languages spoken, and the population breakdown by age and gender?
- What is the population growth rate?
- What are the major urban areas and their population sizes?
- Examine the employment figures.
- What is the average level of education attained?
- What are the employment and unemployment rates, and labor force size?
- Explain the current state of the economy.
- What are the GDP and the GDP per capita using Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)?
- What are the current inflation and exchange rates?
- Examine the major industries and transportation data.
- What are the major imports, exports, and trade restrictions?
- Identify three major direct competitors.
- How will your firm will be positioned against them?
- Use at least three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment is:
- Examine the economic, political, demographic, industrial, and competitive conditions in a given country.