In this mini-project, you will discuss an assigned academic journal article and briefly present the study in class. It is intended to help you become more aware of the theory, content, or character of research publications in public relations. You will review the article individually but three or four of you who are assigned the same piece will make a joint creative presentation in class. In your review paper, you should address the following points:
1. Bibliographic Information: List bibliographic info on the published report, using APA style.
2. Key Points: Summarize the theoretical background and key claims or points I the article.
3. Organization: Analyze the structure of the essay. In what order is the information presented. Does the information seem balanced? How does the organization of the material serve the writer’s apparent purpose?
4. The Issue of Ethos: Discuss the issue of ethos or source credibility. How do the authors establish their ethos? How meticulously do they document the information? Do you find the information believable or the argument cogent? How could the authors have achieved greater credibility?
5. Reflection: Sum up your review. Reflect on the social significance of this article as a piece of new knowledge. What did you as a budding scholar learn from this assignment? If you didn’t need this for a class project, would you get any benefit from reading the article? Can you connect what you have learned from this intellectual exercise to one or more of the learning outcomes of the course?
6. Use the above-underlined terms (or their variations) as subheads for different sections of the paper.