(Note: APA format is *not* required for Part 1 of this Assignment.)
- Read the Kim-Ly case scenario: Kim-Ly_Case PDF.
- Create any additional needed information about this client that will help you in completing your assessment and full diagnosis with her.
- Using the format below, provide diagnostic information about Kim-Ly.
Diagnoses________________ Code: _______________ (Both DSM 5 and ICD 10)
For each diagnosis that you have for Kim-Ly:
- Provide a DSM V diagnosis for Kim-Ly along with a brief justification supporting each diagnosis.
- Record the level of severity with your diagnosis as listed in the DSM 5.
- Include any diagnoses that you want to “rule out” (R/O).
(Note: APA format *is* required for Part 2 of this Assignment.)
- For Part II of this assignment, you are expected to read and incorporate at least (six) 6 peer-reviewed research articles to support your Part II written content.
- You may *not* use the required readings and/or textbooks to meet this requirement.
- These peer-reviewed research articles should be integrated throughout Part II of your assignment.
- Ensure that all in-text citations and reference page are formatted according to 7th edition APA Manual.
- Describe the client’s clinical problems that should be the focus of individual clinical treatment.
- Make sure to focus on the clinical aspect(s) of the case, and that you provide clinical explanation(s).
- Do not repeat or rehash the story line. Instead, use critical thinking and analytical skills to assess what is occurring as it pertains to this client’s needs and problems.
- Describe the need(s) in clinical terms. In other words, from a conceptual standpoint, what are her clinical needs/problems/issues?
- Identify the clinical theory that will guide your individual work with this client.
- Describe the theory, its major concepts, and explanations for how clients develop problems (i.e., what goes wrong in the client’s life from a theoretical perspective).
- How and why would this specific theory – and not another theory – drive your clinical treatment of this particular client?
- Identify and describe the specific techniques (from this theory) that you would use with this client. Ensure to discuss application of the techniques as they pertain to this client.
- In narrative form, describe the client’s non-clinical needs (case management, concrete services, etc.) that should also be included in their clinical treatment.
- Students should use the student paper format, including a cover page. For more information: refer to Chapter 2 of APA Publication Manual, Seventh Edition, the APA Style Paper Format resource, and the APA Student Title Page Guide.
- Student papers do not include a running head. For more information: refer to page 30 of the APA Publication Manual, Seventh Edition, and this APA Style Header resource.
- This paper should NOT include an abstract, table of contents, or appendix.
- The paper should be double spaced and include 1″ margins throughout.
Font Type and Size:
- A variety of font choices are permitted in APA Style. Use the same font throughout the text of the paper. Options include:
- Sans serif font: 11-point Calibri, 11-point Arial, 10-point Lucida San Unicode
- Serif font: 12-point Times New Roman, 11-point Georgia, normal (10-point) Computer Modern
- For more information: refer to page 44 of the of APA Publication Manual, Seventh Edition, and this APA Style Font resource.
- Ensure the font type and font size of your page numbers are consistent with the rest of your paper.
- The entire assignment should be no more than 6 pages in length (excludes cover and reference pages).
- One (1) point will be deducted from your grade for every page over 6 page (excluding cover and reference pages).
- This assignment must be submitted via Webcourses by the assigned deadline.
- To access the rubric for this assignment, select ‘Show Rubric’ from the drop down box located at the upper right hand corner.
Grading Rubric: Diagnosis & Assessment (1)Grading Rubric: Diagnosis & Assessment (1)CriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDSM 5 Diagnostic Assessment10 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeJustification10 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeClinical explanation of Kim-Ly’s Diagnosis8 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeClinical Theory Used6 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeNon-Clinical Problems that should be included in Kim-Ly’s Treatment Plan6 pts
Total Points: 40PreviousNext