Clinical decision support is about using the right trigger, to the right person, with the right instructions, with the intent to ensure that the person is making the right decision. The purpose of this assignment is to describe the different types of clinical decision support and determine the outcomes of applied clinical decision support.
Using the topic materials and your own research, write a 500-750-word paper addressing the following:
- What are the different types of clinical decision support?
- Describe at least three different types of clinical decision support that could be used in a health care setting, or provide a personal workplace example.
- Using the examples you have provided (above), identify the triggers that would initiate the criteria for clinical decision support.
- Using the same examples, outline the who, what, when, and how instructions of a clinical decision support enhancement.
- Describe the outcomes of the clinical decision support application.
Cite at least two scholarly resources in your response.