Formulate an investigative essay on the role of government in the U.S. economy by using the instructions below.
· Select and introduce a specific public policy area such as education, national defense, welfare, immigration, employment, monetary policy, intellectual property, or markets.
· Compare and contrast the goals of the policy and its ties to the economy.
· Provide a chronological lifecycle of the chosen policy. Integrate applicable social and legal frameworks.
· Draw connections between advantages and disadvantages of any entitlements.
· Summarize including a critical analysis of past performance and recommended improvements to consider the best balance of government involvement to promote economic stability.
Your assignment should be a minimum of three full pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. Use a minimum of two sources. Be sure your paper is double-spaced and uses 12-point font and one-inch margins. Use your own words, and include citations and references as needed to avoid plagiarism. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations and be cited per APA guidelines.