Not only is the U.S. experiencing a demographic shift, but the world is also changing, and national borders are becoming blurred. This increased connectivity will highlight human differences while putting organizations in a position to benefit from the multiple perspectives gained through a diversified workforce. BANKS Industries continues to look for business acquisitions and plans to continue to expand over the next five years.
Consider forecasted changes in the U.S. and on a global level, and write an 8–10-page executive report addressing the following:
- Given increased globalization and demographic shifts, what changes in the workplace are likely to occur? Explain in terms of workforce demographics, new challenges, and benefits.
- How will these changes impact the way organizations function?
- How will HR practices change staffing, rewarding, employee relations, communication, performance management, training and development, and technology? Within that discussion, point out current best practices that may require modification as well as the most appropriate modifications.
- What are the legal and ethical implications of change?
- How should current employees and leaders begin to prepare for this change? Prepare a change management plan that includes strategies to communicate relevant information to employees.
Write an 8–10-page executive report in Word format. Plagiarism Free , Turned in on time, Paragraphs indented, pages numbered, running heads included, Grading Criteria and points followed, Pages numbered, Support your predictions and suggestions with scholarly resources and empirical evidence. The executive report should include a cover letter, a title page, a reference page, and sections addressing the topics listed. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Please work on your APA formatting of citations. I have provided the APA resource cite for you. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/, Please work on using literature within the span of the last 5 years, please make sure you have 8-10 pages of content (excluding title, reference and appendix pages). Please use scholarly resources e.g. Wikipedia and online articles that are not peer reviewed are not considered scholarly. This will bring the work of our class full circle. Support your predictions and suggestions with scholarly resources and empirical evidence. The executive report should include a cover letter, a title page, a reference page, and sections addressing the topics listed. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Large tables and figures should be in the Appendix section of the paper.
By Tuesday March 13, 2018 deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Assignment Grading Criteria & Maximum Points:
Described the likely changes in the workplace given increased globalization and demographic shifts as well as their impact on the way that organizations function.
Explained possible changes in HR practices with regard to staffing, rewarding, employee relations, communication, performance management, training and development, and technology. Identified current best practices that will require modification and suggested appropriate modifications. 76pts.
Described the legal and ethical implications of change. 28pts.
Recommended strategies in which current employees and leaders can begin preparing for this change through a change management plan. Included strategies to communicate relevant information to employees. 76pts.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 60pts.
Total: 300 pts.