- Read Chapter 13: “Yes, but…” in the Wiggins and McTighe text (2005).
- Consider the common misconceptions teachers and administrators tend to have about designing instruction around understanding.
- Consider your own experiences, knowledge, and current level of understanding pertaining to designing curriculum and instruction.
Select one of the misconceptions to respond to. In the subject line, include which misconception you selected.
- Share your own beliefs and experiences related to the misconception. Describe how your position has changed because of your learning thus far.
- Describe how you would rebut this misconception to a fellow curriculum designer or administrator