The project I have is electric vehicle. So the code of ethics will be on Tesla
A code of ethics may be defined as a written document providing a practical moral framework for moral decision making. Successful organizations have strong codes of ethics. For this week’s assignment, you will create an organizational code of ethics appropriate to your Course Project topic. For example, if your Course Project is focused on cryptocurrency, you might create a code of ethics appropriate to a cryptocurrency mining company. If your topic is electronic stock trading, you might create a code of ethics for an electronic trading platform.
To help you to write an effective code of ethics, please review Chapter 9 Professional Ethics and carefully read pages 444–455, which provides the full text of the Software Engineering Code of Ethics as well an in-depth analysis. Your code of ethics will be shorter than the Software Engineering Code of Ethics, but it will follow the same structure.
- Preamble: This is a one-paragraph explanation of the purpose of the code. Make it clear to the reader what type of organization you are.
- Guiding Principles: At least six, and no more than eight, fundamental precepts that your organization will follow should be included.
- Applications: For each guiding principle, provide at least three examples of what a member of your organization should do or should not do to abide by those guiding principles.
Elements of a Desired Response
- Length: Approximately two pages (600 words)
- Structure: Includes preamble, guiding principles, and applications for each principle
- Content: Shows knowledge of workable ethical theories, such as Kantianism; utilitarianism; social contract theory; justice theory; and virtue ethics; and shows appreciation for the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The following are links to the codes of ethics of a number of famous organizations. Reading them may help you as you create your own unique code.