- Communication is challenging in any setting. With the addition of cultural factors, communication becomes much more challenging. One way for communication to fluently flow through an organization is to establish clear communication channels. Organizational charts are often used to depict reporting structures and communication channels. As a result of an international acquisition or merger, it is necessary to restructure the organizational chart and communication channels.
For this assignment, you have been provided with two organizational charts. The organizations that use these charts have recently merged. It is your responsibility to restructure the organizational chart to establish clear channels of communication for each organization.
Scenario: Engineering Corporation is based in the United States and Aerospace Corporation is based in China. Aerospace Corporation is the parent company.
The purpose of this assignment is for you to think about and create clear channels of communication to ensure efficiency and productivity among international organizations.
Part One—The Organizational Chart. Create a new organizational chart that depicts the newly established communication channel. Create a new organizational chart from scratch, or copy and paste one of the provided organizational charts, and update it to include the new structure.
Part Two—The Description of the Communication. In a two-page summary, describe the new communication flow and why it will function effectively. Be sure to mention the communication strategies and theories that are offered by Luthans and Doh (2012).
Include the following details within your description:
- Introduce the need for new communication flow.
- Describe the cultural impacts of each organization.
- Describe the communication flow.
- Describe the communication barriers that were considered.
- It must be at least two pages.
Format the assignment in your own words using APA style, and include citations and references as needed to avoid instances of plagiarism. Insert each organizational chart as appendices