- Read Chapter 2 in your book on “Environmental Laws, Economics, and Ethics”
- Choose 3 of the 6 sources linked to in the “Term Paper Sources” folder on this page
- For each of the 3 sources you chose:
- Summarize the scientific results reported in the source
- Decide whether or not the results support the arguments in favor of protecting endangered bat species
- Finally, combining what you’ve learned in this course about the ecosystem as a complex interplay of dynamic systems, about conservation and the dangers of habitat destruction and fragmentation, and the concepts of environmental justice, make an argument for or against the “Miami Wilds” project based on concerns surrounding the conservation of the Florida Bonneted Bat
Whether you conclude that the research supports those in favor or against the “Miami Wilds” project not affect your grade on the term paper. Rather, it is important that you demonstrate that you can consider evidence impartially, evaluate it on its scientific merits, and communicate it in a way that anyone can understand.
You must work individually. You must cite the sources you considered, using APA style, in a “References” section at the end of your paper (do not include the citations in the body of your text). No outside sources. Your paper should be a minimum of 5 pages, not including references or any cover pages, double-spaced, 12pt font. You must turn in your paper using the “Turnitin” link included at the end of this assignment by December 2.