Design nursing care strategies which incorporate genetic and genomic risk factors.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are a new graduate nurse caring for a patient that received a positive result from a genetic or genomic testing technology. Part of your role as a general nurse in genetic and genomic care is to provide accurate information, ensure appropriate patient referral, and serve as a patient advocate.
Develop a plan of care that identifies nursing strategies that incorporate genetic and genomic risk factors, three interprofessional resources, and three referral resources for a client that has a positive result from a genetic or genomic testing technology that you explain.
Your plan of care will be presented in a Word document that includes the following sections:
- Explanation a specific genetic or genomic testing technology
- Describe what positive results of the testing technology indicates
- Design a plan of nursing care strategies based on positive results
- Describe three interprofessional resources in planning care for clients with genetic and genomic needs
- Determine three resources for facilitation of genetic and genomic referrals
For additional writing and research support, please visit the following Library and Learning Services resources:
- APA Guide
- Nursing Research Page
- How can I make a Research Appointment with a Rasmussen College Librarian?