Assignment: Topic Paper Outline
• Evaluate the relative merits of a variety of human resources interventions such as organizational development, succession and workforce planning, strategic staffing, diversity training, cultural change, and rewards and recognition redesign.
• Demonstrate an understanding of all the HR disciplines and how they contribute to overall organizational effectiveness.
• Apply acquired human resources knowledge to resolve business and organizational issues.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between strategic HR initiatives and an organization’s global competitiveness.
• Demonstrate how to design, develop, and implement effective HR policies and programs.
Throughout the course, you will be tasked with selecting, researching, and writing a paper on the Human Resource Management (HRM) topic of your choice. You are encouraged to select a topic you find interesting or one that is relevant to your current or future career. I find that it is generally more enjoyable and thus successful when you focus on research for a topic you personally find interesting and relevant to you. There are three assignments throughout the seven weeks to help you complete the course topic paper.
For this week’s assignment, in a word document of your choice, such as Microsoft Word, you will provide an outline of your Topic Paper using a full-sentence outline format. Here, you should demonstrate that progress has been made on the course project, and that your research is well underway.