The American College of Sports Medicine and the American Heart Association recommend adults get 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week. Regular exercise has been proven to reduce risk factors for diseases such as cancer, heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes, and stroke (Schmidt, 2016).
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review this week’s required resources, including the Quantity and Quality of Exercise for Developing and Maintaining Cardiorespiratory, Musculoskeletal, and Neuromotor Fitness in Apparently Healthy Adults (Links to an external site.) article. Examine the effects of exercise on health by addressing the following items in your assignment:
- Describe the physical and mental health benefits of participating in a regular exercise program.
- Identify the chronic physiological responses that occur from a regular exercise program.
- Describe the importance of the warm up and cool down before and after exercise.
- Determine the importance of including flexibility in an exercise program.
- Explain the benefits of resistance training.
- Analyze the health consequences of a sedentary lifestyle.
The Benefits of a Regular Exercise Program assignment
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Use APA formatted subheadings to help organize your paper.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to the APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.) web page.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) web page resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the library research required for this assignment, view the How Do I Begin? (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which provides an overview of conducting searches in the library, generating keywords, and understanding your assignment prompt.
- At least one of your sources must be from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.