Assignment: Capstone Paper, Part I: Introduction, Analysis of Existing Evidence, and Quality Improvement Process
The Assignment you will submit this week will combine the work you completed in Week 1 (Introduction) and Week 2 (Analysis of Existing Evidence) and this week’s assignment, the Quality Improvement Process. These three sections, when combined, will complete Part I of your Capstone Paper.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Capstone Paper Assignment Guide
- Locate the most current version of your Week 1 and Week 2 Assignment. You will add this section to that document.
- Review the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist Capstone Level
- Note the new expectations for Use of evidence and Credit to Source
- Use a Scholarly Voice
- Review the Walden University Writing Center webpage: Using Evidence: Synthesis
- Review the Week 3 Assignment Rubric
Remember: Each section of the Capstone Paper must meet the Academic Writing Expectations for the Capstone Level.
For this Assignment
- Describe the quality improvement process and the Quality model that will be used as a basis for the practice problem. Include a description of a quality improvement tool(s) that you will use in your quality improvement plan. See Spath, (2013) chapter 6 for examples.
- Explain why the specific process was selected and document your explanation with references.
For the Week 3 Assignment, you will combine your Week 1, 2 and 3 assignments and submit a 3-4-page paper that addresses the following:
- Practice Problem (Completed in Week 1)
- State the practice problem in measurable terms.
- State the data that suggests a practice problem exists
- Include a purpose statement.
- Analysis of the Existing Evidence (Completed in Week 2)
- Summarize the findings from the evidence analysis that support your practice problem. Include minimum of at least 5 evidence-based practice sources that support your practice problem. Identify research, clinical guidelines, expert opinions, and other relevant information. You must include two-three research studies in your analysis. Using your own words synthesize the evidence that supports your identified practice problem. There should be no quotes or personal opinions included in this section.
- Quality Improvement Process (Completed this Week) (Approximately 2-3 paragraphs)
- Describe the quality improvement process and the quality model that will be used as a basis for the practice problem. This is not your entire quality improvement plan, only a description of the quality improvement process and the quality model you chose. You will develop your specific quality improvement plan in week 4. Include a description of a quality improvement tool(s) that you will use in your quality improvement plan. See Spath, (2013) chapter 6 for examples.
- Explain why the specific process