To participate in the following discussions, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation.
- Infectious vs. Chronic Diseases
- Describe which currently has the largest impact on the nation’s health: infectious diseases or chronic diseases?
- Explain your response using epidemiological measures and supportive evidence from academic research.
- Analyze how public health upholds individual rights while protecting societal rights through preservation strategies of both types of disasters (e.g., adding fluoride to water to prevent dental carries).
- Discuss the ethical issues associated with the role of public health in protecting societal rights as well as individual rights.
Utilize at least two scholarly sources (one could be the textbook) to support your points.