Assignment 1 Job Evaluation at MPBS
Review the team report on MPBS located in the Case Study Overview.
In this assignment you are expected to recommend the most appropriate method of job evaluation to use at MPBS and support your recommendations with your rationale. Your recommendation should consider the organization’s comprehensive job structure with major occupational groups including scientific, administrative, sales, management, and technical. Your rationale must be backed up with support from the text and/or other articles you may have researched.
Your recommendations must cover the following:
- Describe your recommended approach and the expected impact of that approach on job performance. Address key HR and compensation issues identified at MPBS.
- Differentiate the components that would need to be included if MPBS were to use a point-based method as compared to a ranking and to a classification method.
- Provide a list of compensable factors for a point-based method and the factor weights you would suggest if using that method.
- Explain how your recommended method of job evaluation aligns with MPBS’s strategic focus.
- Describe the key challenges to effective implementation of the recommended approach to job evaluation at MPBS.
To complete this assignment, write a 3–5 page report in Word format and provide rationale and support. Apply APA standards for writing style to your work.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Described the recommended approach and expected impact on job performance and addressed key HR and compensation issues identified at MPBS.||
|Differentiated the components and provided a list of compensable factors and factor weights.||
|Explained how the recommended approach to job evaluation aligns with MPBS’s strategic focus.||
|Described the key challenges to effective implementation of the approach to job evaluation at MPBS.||
|Response demonstrates application of concepts, analysis of research information, and critical thinking.||
|Writing Craftsmanship, APA and Ethical Scholarship||
Here is my 2nd assignment
Assignment 2: Evaluation of Business Operations
You are the human resources (HR) manager for a public organization and you are conducting a New Hire Orientation session for all new employees. Last week, you analyzed the organization, including its strengths and weaknesses, as well as its mission, vision, goals, and objectives. This week, you have been asked to give a presentation on the business operations of the organization.
Refer to the report you prepared on the organization for M1: Assignment 3.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation that accomplishes the following:
- Create a diagram of the organizational structure showing the hierarchy and chain of command.
- Develop a flowchart that analyzes the steps of the organization’s business processes.
- Conduct a capacity analysis of the location(s) and logistics. Your capacity analysis should address both short- and long-term implications regarding all aspects of the business process, including storage, production, processes, costs, and accessibility.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation. In addition to the slides, include a detailed outline in the speaker notes section explaining the content on each slide. Be sure to support your responses using at least two scholarly sources from the Argosy University online library resources or the Internet. Cite the sources for your information.
Make sure your presentation adheres to the following Presentation Guidelines:
- Create a presentation that is professional and visually appealing.
- Include a combination of text and graphics.
- Do not write out your entire presentation on the slides. Use bullet points of keywords and short phrases instead of long sentences and paragraphs.
- Create your presentation (slides and speaker notes) using language that can be easily understood by the intended audience.
- Use APA formatting for your slides and Speaker Notes (outline).
Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner. Your response should demonstrate ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Develop a 5–10-slide presentation (including the title slide and reference slide) in PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.ppt.
|Assignment Components||Proficient||Max Points|
|Create a diagram of the organizational structure showing the hierarchy and chain of command.||Diagram presents a clear, accurate, and logical illustration of the organization’s hierarchy and chain of command.||28|
|Develop a flowchart that analyzes the steps of the organization’s business processes.||Flowchart presents a clear, detailed, accurate, and logical analysis of the steps of the organization’s business processes.||32|
|Conduct a capacity analysis of the location(s) and logistics.||Capacity analysis includes a thorough assessment of both short- and long-term implications of issues regarding location and logistics.||20|
|Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Use of scholarly sources aligns with specified assignment requirements.||Presentation is concise with a logical flow of thought; content includes clearly articulated key points that are free of major errors. Presentation is visually appealing and addresses audience considerations adequately. Use of scholarly sources aligns with specified assignment requirements.||20|