Select a low- or middle-income country of interest and assess its health system. Address the following:
- Apply a systems thinking tool, such as a causal diagram or process map, to identify opportunities for how gaps in public health services can be bridged through a strong health system.
- Describe the major components of the health system.
- Discuss core services the health system provides and who manages them (government, private sector, a mix of both, etc.).
- Discuss who is responsible for paying for those services or who funds the provided services.
- Explain how the selected systems thinking tool can be applied to better address an infectious disease in the selected country.