Laws for Health Informaiton Systems
Health care information management, authentication, and distribution are determined by state and federal laws, licensing, certification, and in most cases, accreditation. Health information system management follows these set standards to ensure that patient protected health information (PHI) is utilized for the intended purposes: quality patient care and patient safety. In a minimum of 300 words, address the following points in your initial post:
- Define the following: Accreditation, licensing, certification.
- Discuss the functions of the Joint Commission.
- Define the categories of accreditation.
- Discuss the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). How does the NCQA impact health information systems?
- Discuss ways in which legal health records (LHR) are determined.
THIS TUTORIAL INCLUDES TWO ANSWERS FOR THIS DISCUSSION QUESTION TO HELP YOU SCORE BETTER
|Links to other tutorials for MHA 616
Just click on Assignment/Discussion name to go to respective tutorial.
|· MHA 616 Week 1 Assignment ( Health Information System Topic Selection )|