Research the assessment strategies and current assessment results from the school district in which you currently reside or teach. You will need to find information on the types of assessments used, when students are assessed, the policy for student accommodations, the test results for the past few years, and anything that the district is doing to address improving student scores and achieving state standards.
Use the Internet and the Strayer Library to research one topic from the list of recommendations the superintendent provided or your own approved topic. Justify your topic selection by highlighting its relevance to your chosen district being able to successfully meet its K–12 assessment goals. Your research should also focus on locating current issues, applications, assessment strategies, and tools related to your selected topic.
Write a 5–7 page paper in which you:
- Propose your research topic in which you detail its relevance to meeting one or more K–12 assessment goals in your chosen school district, focusing on a specific grade level, discipline, or target student population (gifted students, students with special needs, traditionally underserved students, etc.).
- Examine at least three key political, legal, and/or current issues related to your chosen topic.
- Describe at least three specific needs of the students in the school district including students with special learning needs.
- Propose at least three applications your topic has to K–12 assessment in your chosen school district.
- Provide at least four sources that document detailed information about your proposed topic. The sources must be written within the last five years.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose applications for a research topic relative to assessment in a chosen educational setting.
to view the instructions for this assignment.