The success of m-commerce depends partly on the quality of the user’s experience when accessing the site from an Internet-enabled mobile phone. Load time is important, and the table in Figure 6-23 on page 195 of the textbook shows the average load time for three retailers in 2016. ( i have attached a screenshot of this figure)
- For this assignment, create a spreadsheet in Excel following the layout shown in Figure 6-23 on page 195 of the textbook. Then visit each of the retailers using an Internet-enabled mobile phone. Time how long each one takes to load, using a stopwatch.
- Enter your data in the “Current load time” column.
- Enter the formula to compute the Percentage Change in the row for Target and copy the formula to the other cells in the column.
- Which retailer’s m-commerce site has shown the most change since 2016?
- What factors contribute to a site’s load times? Why would your data be different from a classmate’s when accessing these sites?
- Create a new spreadsheet in Excel to compare Walmart and Target. Start the stopwatch, load Walmart’s site, and search for a Fodor’s (or any other) travel guide to Mexico. Add the product to your cart, check out up to the point at which you would enter a credit card number, and then write down the time from the stopwatch. Do the same experiment at Target’s site.
- How did your time estimates compare for the two m-commerce experiences? Overall, which site do you think offers the best user experience?
- Submit a Word document with your answers to questions 4, 5 and 7 and also copy paste of the two tables from Excel into your Word document. Save the Word document under your name and M3 Written Assignment.
- Submit your saved Word document to the assignment submission folder.
Online-stopwatch. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.online-stopwatch.com/
video about how to insert excel table into a word document. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtk7lKGuhTA&feature=emb_title