Primary Discussion Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples from resources to reinforce your ideas.
Review the following articles and video:
Answer the following questions regarding what you just read and watched:
- Explain why Aaron Feuerstein felt his decisions were necessary for his company and for his employees.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Aaron Feuerstein’s decision making, and explain if or how you would have handled his situation differently if you were in his shoes.
- Apply virtue ethics and corporate social responsibility to his situation.
A minimum of 1 reference should be used to reinforce your thoughts. Be sure to include it both as an in-text citation and on your reference list at the end of your discussion post.
Peer Responses: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply consider the following questions:
- Are there additional pros or cons that you would add? If so, what are they?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
KarmaTube: Videos That Inspire. (2009, May 21). Aaron Feuerstein’s malden mills [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry7_FcSiQL8
Gill, D. W. (2011, June 25). Was Aaron Feuerstein wrong? Retrieved from http://ethix.org/2011/06/25/was-aaron-feuerstein-wrong
Sledzik, B. (n.d.). Putting people before profits: Classic PR case study, but without the fairytale ending. Retrieved from http://toughsledding.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/putting-people-before-profits-classic-pr-case-study-but-without-the-fairytale-ending/
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.