When You Win…(Because we’re eternal optimists)
- Research the committees of the House ( http://www.house.state.tx.us/committees/ ) and state senate (http://www.senate.state.tx.us/committees.php )
- Choose at least three (3) committees on which you’d serve, if elected.
- Explain each committee’s functions (is it substantive or procedural?).
- Explain why your placement on these committees is justified. How does it serve you district’s needs? How does it emphasize your experiences/interests?
- What kind of constituent service would you be likely to do? What kind of “home style” would you create (and how?) Most Texans do not know who their legislators are. How do you seek to solve that problem? [see, for example: http://www.senate.texas.gov/members/d16/services.php and https://www.facebook.com/VoteGiovanni/ for examples of how legislators reach out to their constituents.]