Physical Activity, Health, and Wellness
For this assignment, you will examine the relationship between physical activity and wellness by reviewing available literature. Your paper must include the following:
- To begin, review the “Physical Inactivity” section (pp. 57-59) of Chapter 2 in Wellness: Concepts and Applications (8th ed.). Consider highlighting the main concepts, taking notes, and/or outlining this section to help solidify the concepts in your memory. After reading and reviewing the section, answer the “Physical Inactivity Questions (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.” and include the answers to these questions as the first part of the paper you submit.
- Next, select one published scholarly research study from the Ashford University Library that evaluates the relationship between physical activity and wellness. Remember to save a full-text PDF version of this article for submission along with your assignment. In your paper, you must describe the basic parts of your selected research study by answering the following questions:
- What was the research question that the authors set out to answer through their study?
- What was their hypothesis?
- What methodology did they follow to carry out the research?
- Who were the subjects, and how many were used?
- What did the researchers have the subjects do?
- What data did the researchers collect?
- How did they collect it?
- What were the results of the study?
- What did the researchers conclude from their results? Do you agree with their conclusions?
- Discuss the contribution of this study to the current literature regarding physical activity and wellness.
- Describe whether your selected study provides evidence to support current views or claims regarding physical activity and wellness or whether it provides brand new ideas and information.
- State whether you would change your current physical activity and wellness behaviors based off the results of this study. Explain your answer.
- Examine the relationship between physical activity and wellness utilizing the research study analysis and describe what you learned from the text and explain how the study you selected supports this information.
Your assignment must be at least five pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages. It must include a minimum of two scholarly sources (one may be your course text, and the other will be your research study). Your paper and all sources must be formatted in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.