Gladwell Grocery Stores Case Scenario
Gladwell Grocery Stores has ten (10) stores in upstate New York. They have approximately 400 – 440 employees. Most of the employees are part time, with approximately 45% of them full time. The operations manager, Tom Bell, also acts as the HR manager and travels to each location each week to take care of recruiting, scheduling, hiring, and answering questions for the employees as needed. He also takes care of payroll using Excel spreadsheets and has computer software to print payroll checks.
Mr. Bell approaches you, an independent HR consultant and owner of your own consulting firm, for a proposal. He would like to greatly reduce his travel to each location each week, due to the increase in gasoline costs. He is curious to know if there is anything you can suggest in helping him complete his HR tasks more efficiently and in a cost-effective manner. He hopes there is some way he can do part of his HR tasks from his office instead of traveling to each location every week.
Now that you assessed the business, identified some of the inefficient HR related processes plaguing Gladwell Grocery Stores, and pinpointed a few possible solutions, it is time to choose an HRIS application that will suit the business. In this assignment, you will consider the HR function you chose in Phase I, and recommend the type of HRIS that you believe would be the most efficient for addressing this function.
To prepare for this assignment, review the Gladwell Grocery Stores case scenario, and then research potential HRIS types and HRIS vendors that may suit the needs for Mr. Bell and Gladwell Grocery Stores.
HRIS Needs Assessment
- Prioritize the top three (3) benefits that an HRIS will offer the business, and explain your position. Next, examine the effect of automation on creating a more efficient process for the HR function chosen in Phase I.
Choose HRIS Type
- Based on your research, select the type of HRIS that you plan to implement for your client. Analyze two (2) of the system’s offerings that you believe would be best suited to addressing your client’s needs. Then, assess two (2) ways that the selected HRIS can improve efficiency for the HR function you chose in Phase I. Defend your decisions with theory and findings from past readings and class activities.
Choose HRIS Vendor
- Now that you know the type of HRIS you will be implementing, it is time to choose an HRIS vendor. Compare and contrast two (2) vendors, including a description of the cost, capabilities, and HR functions that the HRIS caters to. Based on your comparison, choose the HRIS vendor that you will recommend to your client, and explain the main reason why you decided to choose this vendor over the others.
Use at least (3) quality academic resources in this assignment.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.