Health care professionals learn quickly that health laws change rapidly. The ground is always shifting under the endeavors of health care regulation and compliance.
“What Did I Find?” That will be the question here and in Module 11 as you check the Internet for the latest developments in health care regulation, compliance, and law. Search using keywords such as health care law, health care compliance, medicare, Medicaid, and OIG. Following are a few suggested organizations and websites. See also the directory in Module 01 in the section Health Care Law – Organizations.
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Office of the Inspector General (Federal and State) (OIG)
- Joint Commission (JACHO)
- Health reports on the website of CNN news: http://www.CNN.com/Health
- Health news on the website of MSN news at http://www.MSN.com
Due dates for your initial and response posts can be found by checking the Course Syllabus and Course Calendar.