textbook (Everyone’s an Author): “Chapter 29: What’s Your Style” pgs. 641-651
Purpose: As a class, we want to consider the ways students and instructors read and make judgments on college writing.
Audience: Your audiences for this assignment are me and your colleagues in the class who are entering into the same conversation.
You will be assessed on your ability to clearly respond to the following prompts in approximately 500 words: Please respond separately for each one submitting format:
- Once you have answered Q1’s prompt, TypeQ2: and type your answer to Q2’s prompt.
- Once you have answered Q2’s prompt, TypeQ3: and type your answer to Q3’s prompt.
- Q1: How does college writing assessment differ from the kinds of writing assessment you encounter beyond college (consider, for example, social media posts, text messages, or emails)?
- Q2: Do you think there is a difference between grading and assessment? Why or why not? Provide details to explore your assumptions.
- Q3: Take some time to brainstorm areas you think need to be addressed when assessing writing. What criteria will you look for as a college writer? How would you like to be assessed?