Having a written plan for the recruitment and selection of employees is imperative in any organization, especially health care, due to the many issues that could arise (e.g., legal, union, not meeting government regulations). For this assignment, you have been tasked to create a recruitment and selection plan for an urgent-care clinic. Write a paper of 5–6 pages that, at a minimum, includes the following:
- General overview of the recruitment process
- Recruitment sources
- How the recruitment of positions will be marketed/communicated
- How the effectiveness of recruitment will be measured
- What selection tools will be used to select potential employees
- Any legal and ethical concerns and regulations that must/should be considered when making hiring decisions.
Your paper should be 5–6 written pages, excluding cover page, abstract page, and reference page.
Note: Use APA style to cite at least 5 scholarly sources from the last 5 years.
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Explain the importance of performance management in a health care organization. Additionally, choose 1 method of performance management (e.g., team-based, 360-degree feedback, individual based), and define the concept, and provide 2–3 pros and cons of that method.
Note: Use APA style to cite at least 2 scholarly sources from the last 5 years.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.