TITLE: Article Summary 3
Introduction: Teacher Inquiry on the Influence of Materials on Children’s Learning (Voices)
This assignment fulfills
- Module Outcome 1 and 2: Define linguistic Intelligence, big books, flannel board, quiz cards, and webbing. Define webbing as a way of planning, some guidelines for selecting excellent and appropriate literature for children, and ideas to support the linguistic intelligence.
- Course Outcome 3: Create developmentally creative learning materials, experiences, and environments for children that are culturally, linguistically and ability diveresd.
- General Education Competency: You will have to communicate effectively using the conventions of American Standard English in professional and academic environments.
Summarize the attached article, in your own words, by answering the three questions listed below. Each question should have an answer that has at least 5-7 sentences. Please make sure you read the statement on Plagiarism. Also, do not copy and paste the article – that is plagiarism.
1. What is the main focus of the article?
2. What are three strategies/resources/ideas that are discussed in the article?
3. How will you implement the strategies/resources/ideas from paragraph two when working with children?
20 points – Three paragraphs are included, each paragraph has a minimum of seven sentences
20 points – First paragraph summarizes the main focus of the article
30 points – Second paragraph summarizes three strategies from the article
20 points – Third paragraph gives specific strategies/ideas you will use when working with young children.
10 points – correct grammar and spelling are used.
Young Children, November 2016,“ Teacher Inquiry on the Influence of Materials on Children’s Learning (Voices) ”,by Rachel Schaefer. https://www.naeyc.org/resources/pubs/yc/nov2016/teacher-inquiry-materials