You will be learning about human resources issues concerning the employment process. You read about the employment process in your chapter reading and practiced with recruiting, screening, and hiring concepts in the Learning Activity. Now you will be writing about how you plan to find your employees for your real or imagined business.
First read about diversity accessed in the course Assignment area.
The premise, of course, is that you will have employees. If you start out small, and the first employee is only you, imagine the business a number of years out. If you needed five employees, which positions would they most likely fill? What positions will need filling? Please imagine three positions and then respond in a 1–2 page explanation to the following:
1. Determine the benefits and challenges of attracting a diverse pool of potential candidates.
2. How would you go about hiring a diverse workforce and why would this be important based on your reading?
3. Indicate the job title and write a brief job description including pertinent job specifications for each of the three positions.
4. What will the pay range be for each of the three positions?
5. Explain where you will advertise for these three positions so you can collect an application pool to interview. Why?
Submit your 1–2 page minimum response in a Word document using APA citation style and format (include an additional title and reference page) to the Dropbox before the end of the unit.
Unit 2 Assignment
Content per Checklists
Response provides correct and
complete information demonstrating analysis and critical thinking:
Determine the benefits and challenges of attracting a diverse pool of potential candidates.
How would you go about hiring a diverse workforce and why would this be important based on your reading?
Provides the job title and job description including the job specifications for each of the three positions.
Includes the pay range for each of the three positions.
Explains where to advertise for these three positions and why.
Writing, spelling, grammar, and
APA/1–2 page minimum plus an additional title and reference page.
Your Assignment Score: