WEEK 4 ASSIGNMENT 1: VIRTUAL LAB – BLOOD PRESSURE
Please complete your answers to the lab questions on this form. Please complete your answers, and SAVE the file in a location which you will be able to find again. Then, attach and submit the completed form to the Week 4 Laboratory dropbox in the Ashford University classroom.
Table 2: Blood Pressure and Pulse Readings
Blood Pressure (mmHg) Systolic/Diastolic
1. What is systolic pressure? What is diastolic pressure?
2. Why is blood pressure a sensible reading to measure circulatory health?
3. Explain the “lub-dub” sounds of the heartbeat.
4. Why do blood pressure and heart rate change after exercise?
5. How might the results in Table 2 change if someone else preformed the activities? Why?
6. Why is it important for blood to flow in only one direction?