Give one example of a data collection method used in one of the studies identified in your Unit 5 project. What variable was this method used to measure?
During Unit 5, you will be working on the following unit outcomes:
- Identify levels of measurement in data collection instruments (CO 2)
- Discuss the implications of levels of measurement for statistical analysis (CO 2)
- Appraise the validity and reliability of data collection methods (CO 4)
- Examine data collection methods in published research studies (CO 5)
Key Concepts this Week
Credibility of Sources
- Literature review
- Locating and appraising the relevant evidence
Houser, J. (2018). Nursing research: Reading, using and creating evidence (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Required Reading Assignments: Chapters 8 (pg. 189-228); 9 (pg. 244-246)
- APA format 1 full-page with cover and reference pages in-text citations and two references.