The Final Paper should demonstrate an understanding of the reading assignments as well as implications of new knowledge. During this course, you have studied the principles of management in the intangible industries organization. You have engaged in discussion and learning about the services industry and the services organizations within that industry as well as service operations and models for service management. The focus of the Final Paper requires that you synthesize your learning in the context of the course outcomes.
For the Final Paper, you will choose a well-established services organization and research the services that are offered by the organization. You will then design a new services offering for the chosen organization that must address the following items at minimum:
- Describe the target market.
- Identify the competitive strategy and evaluate the tools and processes the organization uses to support that competitive strategy.
- Describe the various components of the organization’s service offerings and explain how they work together to add value to the organization.
- Provide strategic recommendations for improvement of the organization’s service offerings.
Your paper must include examples from scholarly sources and from your personal experience to support your assertions.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.