Imagine that you will present your video to your community’s city council or county commission. They might have little understanding of community health issues, but they are tasked with making decisions regarding these matters for the taxpayers. You want to educate them on a particular disparity in their community and the best approach to addressing this disparity.Part 1: Identify a health disparity in your community. Below are some possible questions you can address in order to analyze the disparity:
- Who is the disparity affecting the most (e.g., family, friends, and specific demographics)?
- What is the disparity? What is the issue? What interventions and/or strategies are put in place to decrease it?
- How is the disparity affecting those in the community?
- Why is this disparity a concern?
- Where is the disparity occurring?