In the lesson, we talked about some of the environmental challenges with conventional agriculture and some alternatives that might reduce these impacts. Because of our large demand for food and (and now bioproducts) there is a challenge to produce crops more sustainably without losing productivity. No easy answers and as always, there are trade offs.
For this reflection, we would like you research one of the follow organizations: Ceres (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.or Field to Market. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.Both of these organizations are working to make agriculture more sustainable but have different approaches.
Please provide the following:
- Which organization did you choose?
- What are the goals of the organization?
- Describe the organization’s primary environmental concerns with agriculture.
- Describe the tools or incentives they are using to make agriculture more sustainable.
- Both title and URL of your source pages within the main organization pages. The sources should be specific, NOT the general company website (which has hundreds of sub pages).
Please answer in full sentences, and elaborate on your answers. We’d like you to aim for 250 words, and as always, avoid copy & pasting directly from the website. This will result in point deductions.