Learning objectives are listed at the beginning of each Chapter.
1. Answer questions 3 and 6 at the end of the chapter 5.
Q3: In what ways do executive search firms differ from traditional employment agencies.
Q6: What are some of the barriers to advancement opportunities for women and minorities in many organizations?
2. Do Internet exercise 2, page 238.Question: Visit the website of SCORE, a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses start, grow, and succeed nationwide. How is SCORE related to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)? List at least five recent examples of resources provided on the SCORE website for small business owners and entrepreneurs. http://www.score.org/
3. Answer questions 2, 3 and 4 at the end of the Chapter 6.
Q2: What is meant by the term criterion as it is used in personnel selection? Give some examples of criteria used for jobs with which you are familiar.
Q3: Compare briefly the major types of employment interviews described in this chapter. Which type would you prefer to conduct? Why?
Q4: What characteristics do job knowledge and job sample tests have that often make them more acceptable to the examinees that other type of tests?
4. Do End-of-chapter case study 1 at the end of Chapter 6. Answer its questions.
1. What do you think are the prime advantages and disadvantages of “virtual tryouts”?
2. Do you think there would be any EEO concerns regarding this system?
3. Do you think virtual job tryouts might be better suited for some jobs than others? If so which ones?