Create a graphic organizer to share with families and colleagues that illustrates the typical and atypical patterns of speech and language development in children ages 4-8 years.
The graphic organizer should:
- Describe typical and atypical patterns of speech and language development.
- Show which sounds are appropriate at each age from ages 4-8 years.
- Include how speech affects literacy.
- Include an educational activity or exercise that could be used at home to foster the development of those sounds at each age from ages 4-8.
- Additional local/community resources for families to support speech and language development.
Support your information with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Include a 250-350 word description of how you would present this graphic organizer to your general education colleagues.
Submit your graphic organizer and description as one deliverable.