You have read Chapters 1 and 2 in your text and reflected on professionalism and current issues. For this assignment, reflect on what you have learned about the different facets of being a professional.
You are a new teacher at an elementary school or at an early childhood center. You have been asked by a local news reporter to explain the responsibilities, expectations, and roles of the contemporary early childhood professional in today’s society. Incorporate the following into a press release:
- Incorporate the six National Association for the Education of Young Children’s (NAEYC) Standards for Early Childhood Professional Preparation.
- Historical roots of early childhood education
- Societal factors that impact early childhood education
- Current trends that are likely to be experienced as an early childhood educator.
- Integrate ways that early childhood professionals can meet the needs of children through their families.
Length: 3-5 pages, not including the cover sheet or reference page
References: A minimum of 5 scholarly resources is required.
Include your textbook as one of the resources.
Online Book: https://platform.virdocs.com/r/s/0/doc/545764/sp/180129517/mi/573793258