- Yoder-Wise, P. S. (2015). Leading and Managing in Nursing (6th ed.). Mosby, an imprint of Elsevier.
- Chapters 1 – 4, 10, & 28 – 29
- Aonl.org. (2021). AONL nurse leader competencies. Nurse Leaders | AONL. https://www.aonl.org/resources/nurse-leader-competencies
- American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.).
- Use as a guide for writing in current APA format.
- As part of your readings in this module, please also review the following:
APA and Research Guides
Online Materials & Resources
- To access the following article please register on Medscape (Links to an external site.). Registration is free of charge.
Sherman, R. O. (2012). What followers want in their nurse leaders? American Nurse Today, 7(9). https://profreg.medscape.com/px/registration_ab.do?lang=en
- Nurse Leaders (Links to an external site.)
American Organization for Nursing Leadership. (2021). Nurse leaders. https://www.aonl.org/
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate/read the articles below:
- McSherry, R. (2012). The pivotal role of nurse managers, leaders and educators in enabling excellence in nursing care. Journal of Nursing Management, 20(1), 7-19.
- Young, J. (2015). Leading nursing into the future: Development of a strategic nursing platform on a system level. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 39(3), 239-246.
- Thomas-Hawkins, C., Flynn, L., Lindgren, T. G., & Weaver, S. (2015). Nurse manager safety practices in outpatient hemodialysis units. Journal of Nephrology Nursing, 42(2), 125-133, 134, 147. 2.
- Bjarnasom, D., & LaSala, C. A. (2011). Moral leadership. Journal of Radiology Nursing, 30(1), 18-24.
- Allen, D. (2016). The importance, challenges and prospects of taking work practices into account for health care quality improvement: Nursing work and patient status at a glance. Journal of Health Organization and Management, 30(4), 99-108.
Based on your reading and personal experience, share your perception of 3 attributes of a leader and 3 attributes of a manager. Based on your experience, have your direct supervisors been leaders, manager or both? Provide examples to support your assessment.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.