Task Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 8–10 total pages including many empty sections, Word document
Points Possible: 100 Due Date: 5/21/2015 11:59:59 PM CT
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Leadership is one of the essential ingredients in effectively leading and managing a project. Without excellent leadership skills, the best planned projects are at a risk for failure. In this class, you are asked to examine your leadership strengths and weaknesses and determine how to adapt them to one of the effective project management leadership styles. You will be provided with an opportunity to perform a personal leadership assessment, enhance project leadership skills, promote team innovation, determine some best practices, and build a culture to support and manage change.
Throughout this course, you will be working on developing several components of your final Key Assignment. Additional information and the deliverables for each Individual Project will be provided in each Individual Project assignment description.
You will also be setting up the final Key Assignment outline that you will add to each week. The combined Individual Project (IP) assignments will be your final Key Assignment deliverable.
The first step will be to select an organization where you plan on implementing a project, which brings about change for all members of that organization. This organization will be used as the basis for each of the assignments throughout the course and should conform to the following guidelines:
· Nontrivial:The selected organization candidate should reflect a real-life organization.
· Domain knowledge: Students will be applying knowledge of this organization to address assignments that are related to discussing organization structure and impact to organizational members.
Select an organization that fits these requirements, and submit your proposal to your instructor before proceeding further with the assignments in the course. Approval should be sought within the first few days of the course. Your instructor will tell you how to submit this proposal and what notification will be given for project approval.
Your first task in this process will be to select an organization to use as the basis of your Key Assignment. You will also create the shell document for the final project Key Assignment document deliverable that you will be working on throughout the course. As you proceed through each project phase, you will add content to each section of the final document to gradually complete the final project delivery.
The project deliverables are as follows:
1. Submit a project proposal to instructor for approval.
2. Key Assignment Document Shell
· Use Word
· Title Page
1. Course number and name
2. Project name
3. Student name
· Table of Contents
1. Use auto-generated TOC.
2. Separate page
3. Maximum of three levels deep
4. Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so that it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
· Section Headings (create each heading on a new page with TBD as content, except for sections listed under New Content below)
2. Project Outline
3. Organizational Structure
4. Personality Type Assessment Results
5. Personal Leadership Strengths and Weaknesses
6. Impact Analysis on Organization Implementing Change
7. Stakeholder Management Plan
8. Communications Plan
9. Negotiation Strategy and Plan
3. New Content to be Inserted in Above Shell
· Project Outline
1. Brief description of your project and why it is of value to the organization.
2. Material can be taken from the approved proposal that was submitted to the instructor, and this will serve as the draft for the proposal that you will be submitting to a potential publisher in the next IP assignment.
3. Be sure this project is approved by the instructor.
· Organizational Structure
1. Select an organizational structure described in the PMBOK that most closely resembles the organization selected for this project.
2. Describe how it is similar to one of the structures along with deviations.
3. Draw an organization chart that defines the top role and at least two more levels underneath.
· Personality Type Assessment Results
1. Use this link to take the Keirsey Temperament Sorter for free:www.keirsey.com/sorter/instruments2.aspx?partid=0
2. Copy and paste the results of this assessment in your overall report.
3. Analyze the results of this assessment as it relates to you.
4. Name the document LASTNAME_FirstName_MPM332_IP1.doc