Written Assignment 1
(25 points) 3-4 pages, not including Title or References pages
Locate an article describing a collective bargaining dispute that has arisen within the past three years.
This article should be from a newspaper, an academic journal, or a credible online news source (try searching “collective bargaining in the news”).
Attach the article or provide the electronic link.
Two additional references are required to support your discussion. One must be from the course materials.
Please use subheadings to separate your response to each question.
Use Times New Roman 12 pt font, double spacing, page numbers, and APA format.
Save your paper as 362WA1FirstNameLastName.doc
A. Identify your main article at the beginning of your paper.
- Use APA citation format.
B. Respond to the following seven (7) questions:
- What is the nature of the collective bargaining dispute?
- What are the underlying causes of the dispute?
- What economic and/or ethical pressure has each side attempted to use to prevail in the dispute?
- Discuss any evidence of illegal or unethical conduct on either side, describe it in detail.
- Was the dispute resolved? If so, how? If not, what are the possible resolutions?
- What, if any, role was played by third parties in resolving this bargaining dispute? What was the identity of the third party?
- In retrospect, could this dispute have been resolved in a more constructive manner? If so, how?