ou have read Chapter 6 in your text and reflected on observing and assessing young children. For this task, reflect on what you have learned about the appropriate assessment and observation as a basis for making decisions about what to teach children and how to teach them. There is a tremendous emphasis on assessment and the use of tests to measure achievement in order to compare children, programs, school districts, and countries.
Frequently articles in newspapers and magazines address assessment and testing. Determine what assessment and evaluation issues are “in the news” and write an article for a magazine about the issues. Incorporate the following into a magazine article focusing on assessment:
- Purposes and uses of observation and assessment.
- Ways in which children’s development, learning, and behavior can be assessed.
- Methods to ensure that assessment and observation are developmentally appropriate and adhere to the ethics of the profession.
- Methods to accommodate issues of individuality and differences in culture, ethnicity, home language, age, and socioeconomic background.
- Provide guidelines for reporting assessment information to a primary caregiver.
Length: 5-7 pages, not including the cover sheet or reference page
References: A minimum of 5 scholarly resources is required.
You must include your textbook as one of the resources.
Your article should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Review APA Form and Style.
Online Book: https://platform.virdocs.com/r/s/0/doc/545764/sp/180129517/mi/573793258