For this week’s discussion board, choose one of the stories that we have read (other than Young Goodman Brown) that could be considered gothic fiction. Write a 200-400 word discussion board post in which you identify elements of gothic, horror, fantasy or mythical.
You must provide textual evidence and at least three specific examples. Be sure to explain how these examples work.
· Do they help to create a certain mood?
· Is the setting of any importance?
· Are there important symbols?
· Does the author use literary devices like foreshadowing or flashback?
· Does the story contain certain words or phrases, like “gloomy”, “shadows”, or “bleak”?