Gladwell Grocery Stores Case Scenario
Gladwell Grocery Stores has ten (10) stores in upstate New York. They have approximately 400 – 440 employees. Most of the employees are part time, with approximately 45% of them full time. The operations manager, Tom Bell, also acts as the HR manager and travels to each location each week to take care of recruiting, scheduling, hiring, and answering questions for the employees as needed. He also takes care of payroll using Excel spreadsheets and has computer software to print payroll checks.
Mr. Bell approaches you, an independent HR consultant and owner of your own consulting firm, for a proposal. He would like to greatly reduce his travel to each location each week, due to the increase in gasoline costs. He is curious to know if there is anything you can suggest in helping him complete his HR tasks more efficiently and in a cost-effective manner. He hopes there is some way he can do part of his HR tasks from his office instead of traveling to each location every week.
At this stage, you have a solid understanding of the problem the company is facing and you have provided a solution for your client. Now, you want Gladwell Grocery Stores to accept your project plan. Mr. Bell likes your idea and would like you to present your project plan to the executive board.
Create a professional project plan that you will be presenting to the executive board of Gladwell Grocery Store.
Please include the following elements:
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Introduction to the Problem
- Business Analysis
- Proposal Overview
- HRIS Type and Comparison
- Recommendation for an HRIS Vendor
- Project Management Roadmap
The previous phases were considered raw data, and now you will be summarizing and finalizing your findings. You want to apply critical thinking to describe the data you have obtained.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Identify the current issue that the business is facing and propose an HRIS solution.
- Introduce the HR function that you chose as the focus of your business proposal, and explain the potential benefit for the business if that function is addressed.
- Propose a type of HRIS for the organization in the scenario.
- Discuss the function that the HRIS serves, and identify how that system will solve the business issue.
- Compare and contrast at least two (2) HRIS vendors.
- Based on this comparison, make a case for the one (1) vendor that you recommend for your client (from your previous assignment)
- Create a project management roadmap for the client with projected timelines.
- Discuss the costs associated with the implementation,
- justifying your claims with HR metrics and cost benefit analysis.
Use at least (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.